View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
It should be possible to have a command line menu, using the dialog package. Within this menu, the files and folders could be visible. By clicking on a ebook file, the command to open it using the Kindle's in built reader (for azw*s, mobis, txt, image files, etc.) should be invoked. I think something like this happens in the package Kindle menu.
Another possibility is to use midnight commander and configure it so that it opens an ebook file with the Amazon reader.
I can only find mentions if the Kindle Menu package but not the package itself, even after quite a bit of looking. I also can not find the midnight commander or the dialog package. I'm not particularly interested in a terminal package. If I want to do any CLI on a Kindle I SSH over USB.

I do appreciate the tips and would like to try Kindle Menu and maybe the others if someone can point me to where to get them.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote