View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 07:39 PM   #2
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupolev86 View Post
Hello, I just bought a new Kindle Oasis 2 - my first Kindle so still getting used to how everything works. I was reading a book and clicked the home button to flip through some other books. When I opened my original book again, my reading position had been lost and the book just opened at the first page again. I am able to replicate this (I will flip through some pages, quit, the cover will show it is 10% [or whaever number!] read, but when I open the book again, it opens at the first page.

All my books are sideloaded through Calibre.

How can I fix this problem? Thank you!
You might want to check to see if the book was loaded as a Kindle ebook or a document, which would be indicated in your book list when you've got it in list form with the letters DOC after the dots representing how long the book is. (Sorry if that description doesn't make sense.) I've got several books I sideloaded on my Oasis through Calibre that came up as DOC and when that happened before, I would start a book, get partway through it, and then open the book again to find I was on page one. It was very frustrating and I don't know why some books load like that when they're all Kindle ebooks. I also don't have a solution outside of deleting the book and trying to reload it. That's worked for me sometimes.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote