View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #941
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The metadata source plugins can only update a subset of the standard columns. They cannot make any changes to custom columns. If the planned publication date is in the same location and identified in the same way as the actual publication date, then fetching the metadata from goodreads will get it. It's not something I've needed to look at, so I don't know for sure.

@Rellwood: I don't think I'd use a separate column for this. If the planned publication date is in the publication date field of the book, I would probably use an icon or colour rule to make these books visible. The rule would check if it is on your "waiting for it" shelf and if the date is in the past, show something to indicate it's a book you can buy. And maybe something else to show that it is in the future. Or you could have a column made from others that is only populated with the publication date if it is on the shelf.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote