View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 11:15 PM   #14
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by travak View Post
I think I've managed to do this. Started from 5.8.1.
  • Serial begins with G090G1, matched to Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi
  • Downloaded update_PW3_5.6.1.1_initial.bin under PW3 from the pastebin
  • Connected Kindle to PC, placed file in drive root, safely removed, unplugged USB cable, home > menu > settings > menu > update > confirmed
  • Kindle flickers a bunch, reboots a bunch, then settles on "Your Kindle Needs Repairing"

During boot loop USB is accessible short-term; any suggestions or am I SOL?
Create a DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file on root of USB when it mounts. Reboot a few times after. Probably should have more warnings in the guide as downgrading may prove to be a risky procedure.

Last edited by Branch Delay; 07-04-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote