View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
sir_stoffer
sir_stoffer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Shameless plug... did you try Collections Manager?

Which makes me think of a new feature... filter the display to show only items which are not in any collection yet. I'll start to implement it now
That looks great and I'm looking forward to trying it out. Stuff like this (and people like you) are the reason I love the internet <3

I did just remember something that makes me think this whole issue is a database error: Before my unsorted books disappeared from that particular filter/sort list, I noticed a gap in the list, which was not there before I started to organize everything into collections. What I mean by gap is that the list would be, say, 11 pages. First five were my collections, followed by four pages of unsorted items with a blank entry at the bottom of what would be page 9. Blank as in a blank space, as if the list ended one item short of a full page. Leafing to page 10 would result in a long load time where the device did not register input, and when it finally showed page 10 it would be completely blank. Leafing to page 11 (final page) would also take a long time to load, but there I would see the final few unsorted items. I'm not sure whether the gap was empty space in between the existing items, or if some of the items were not showing up, essentially being covered by the blank space?

Presently, a blank page (and a half) is still visible around the end of an author-alphabetical list when I select to filter by books or docs. As I leaf back and forth through the list, a gap of varying size is present - sometimes a full page and a bit, sometimes two half pages. Confusingly, the books that are sometimes there, sometimes not ("in the gap") are not arranged alphabetically...

I think I'm going to do a complete reset of the device, a MOBI -> MOBI convert of everything through Calibre, and install the program you shared.
sir_stoffer is offline   Reply With Quote