View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 08:24 AM   #10
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Thanks for trying and congratulations.

I'd like to known what was missing from the docs: it would be great if you could find the time to create issues on the GitHub page.

Although this reader is built around the idea of having good, easily modifiable metadata, I'm going to give a hint on how to speed up the initial importation process: the steps involving the -S and -R flags can be skipped.
Ok. I don't have much time right now, but I'll submit a pr later.

A few quick things here:
- In the guide, the cargo --feature flag is actually --features, I think that was a typo.
- It is unclear where the libs dir goes, the only way I found it was by looking at the gitignore file, and creating it.
- It would be nice to have static builds (but I don't know enough about your code yet to see if it is possible, and I don't know much rust).
- In English, it is not importation (bad grammar), it is importing.
- For most people who follow the guide, it is unclear whether the importing step is required, and if you don't do the importing step, the reader appears to crash, with a error message in the log (which most people wouldn't understand).
- It would be good to add uninstallation instructions (from reading the code, it seems like all you need to do is delete the .adds and icons folder, because you added checks, great job on this part -- I like the design of the scripts)
- It took a few mins to figure out the required deps, maybe say what debian packages to install
- It would be nice to make an automated makefile for building.
- A few more things, mostly about the same topic

By the way, your code looks nice and well designed.

Hint: some screenshots would be nice, I couldn't wait to try it (I love all ebook related software).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote