View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryhder View Post
What I'm trying to say is even with me doing something on the device, using a different app (device not asleep in this scenario), the problem still occurs.
When you move an Android app from the foreground to the background, that app is considered suitable to be "put to sleep". After all, it can't be doing anything useful when you aren't watching.

My guess: the update is being more aggressive about throttling background apps in order to save battery or to recover memory needed for the foreground app. I don't know if this new behavior can be tuned.

As an example, Android 7 (Nougat) has an option that controls "background processing" on an app-by-app basis, set in the Battery section of settings. It also has a "Battery Saver" option and the option to keep wifi on during sleep. It might be that the update has some of these features, but without a way to turn them off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryhder View Post
Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always.
No setting for optimization.
Well, so much for that idea.

Are you running a stock version of Android or some custom version? I ask because I can't find any update information less than 2 years old for your device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote