View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I'm with you:

2100 books: (only 2 Browns )
3 Andersons
3 Greens
3 Hamiltons
4 Jones

Lots of 2's (Many not related)
Archon is right; I meant "save to disk".

I created an additional column the I use to hand enter the last name of the author. The original, full name, column is still there so there is no confusion in Calibre. And since the metadata is still intact the file name has no effect on the readers.

But it helps with the Sony which allows sorting by file name - no change to the display. Where it is really handy is with the JetBook Lite. It is a pure DOS file system so I setup folders with genre names and place the books in them. I wanted the last name only so that it would be an author sort but would take up minimum space allowing me to see as much of the title as possible.

The question is moot now. Since I have to set up some sort of template to have my "lastname" field automated and I am to lazy to learn how to do that, I will just leave well enough alone.

My best to all- John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote