View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
Benjam
Benjam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage (2017)
Extract notes from "My Clippings.txt"

Hello,

I've read a lot about the export of notes and highlights in a Kindle (I’ know softwares like Clippings.io, Bookcision, Calibre) .
I know that I can find my notes online with Amazon but I would like to extract them directly from the text file « My Clippings.txt ». In fact this file is kind of a backup file, so when I change my note a new item is created and is not replaced with the original note (and I don’t have a way to know when a note is delete, in that file).

To bypass this problem I’ve found the internal file (*.yjr or .mbp1, depends on the book) that stores actuals highlights and notes. My idea was to match all the notes of My Clippings with the internal file of each book in order to know which file has been deleted (and kept)

But, Kindle uses two types of localisation for the notes : in the Clippings file it’s indicate the location and in the .yjr file it’s indicate a number (I guessed that was the number of word but at least it was not) : « [annotation.personal.note] [ASwAAAAvCwAA: 21660] ». And without the equivalent of these location I can’t know which highlights I’ve kept.

So, is someone know what is the number in the .yjr file and what is the equivalent with the locations.

Thanks for your help

Ps: I code something to execute this job, so I will not do it myself
Benjam is offline   Reply With Quote