View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
It seems very confusing to me. What is the point of the "smile" URL? Why not just tell account holders that they can choose a charity if they so desire, and then shop normally? Why the extra hoop to jump through?
I agree that it's confusing.

I expect that most customers won't regularly purchase through AmazonSmile, especially since so much traffic is driven to Amazon via affiliates whose links will generally lead to Amazon.com. It would be better if Amazon either gave this option at Amazon.com checkout or allowed customers to choose one charity through the regular Amazon site. As MikeB pointed out, Amazon probably has their reasons for not doing it that way.

But for those of us willing to change the way we buy at Amazon, it's a painless (and no-cost) method to direct a little extra money to charity. I changed my browser bookmark to go directly to smile.amazon.com (with my preferred affiliate tag attached) instead of Amazon.com, so I don't think it'll be a big adjustment for me.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote