View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #39
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

I think you want the settings I used (The cover only fits 1 book )
I cut the settings (template) from the JSON file that controls this covers look.
That's what I was talking about! Great, thank you very much.
I'm not using these generic covers at the moment but I probably will use them in the future and then I can resort to the work that you did. It helps a lot.
And yes, you sometimes have to change the settings a bit for other book-texts but most of the time it is only the text size and not all the settings, so only minor work.

Quote:
There is an export function
You didn't know the PI had an export function? I export all my cover settings in the PI because I lost settings before and it is allways good to at least have a chance to import it again from a backup.

Quote:
Assumes the user has added the cover image with the same name
No Problem there. The PI zips the image too and will tell you if an image with the name already exists in your PI and not just overwrite it by import. When you don't want the cover in your zip, you have to set the image on the default cover before export.

One request though: It would help when you mention your used font because when someone wants the same look it is good to check if the font exist on your computer first (or install it if not). Otherwise the PI will jump to the first font on your computer and the outcome of the settings could look way, way different.

MiniMouse
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote