View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 07:06 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I never mentioned or even implied opening a 'bunch of files'? Nor in my opinion did the OP. At the command level Sigil opens one file e.g sigil whatever.epub, notwithstanding nabsltd's post, so does Notepad.

If you don't want to do it fair enough. But please don't claim its because I suggested something I didn't suggest, and never have or would suggest.

BR
The problem is that the normal usage for Notepad is opening a single file while Sigil is opening a bunch of files collected into a .zip container.

notepad foo.bar.txt opens a single text file.

sigil font-tester-v4r.epub opens a .zip container with 103 files. The minimum number of files in a valid epub file would be 4 plus a directory (META-INF).

For me, it is easy enough to click on the M icon to open the metadata editor (probably safer to unless I find a real need to manually edit the .opf file).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote