View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
What are you gifting this Holiday Season?

I know that Desert Grandma has her thread on prepping for the holidays, but this one is a bit different.

a lot of us have people on our lives that don't really NEED anything more, and quite often (at least personally I think), whatever we might give them might seem tawdry or redundant. there are a couple of organizations, and these two I have used in the past, that really seem to make a difference.

here you can give a heifer, or a goat or a llama, or chickens... the list goes on! there are also anecdotes about the impact that these gifts make.

I have personal experience with this organization. my Grandmother taught on reservation schools and I spent a great deal of time with her learning about the reservations. the living conditions in some of these areas are truly amazing.

it's easy to lose sight of the big picture quite often in our hurry up material world. just think about it a bit. maybe Aunt Sarah doesn't need a $25 dollar dust catcher this year, but would be thrilled to know it has gone to help others in her name.

if I am supposed to put a disclaimer in here, this is it. I am not employed by, or in anyway affiliated with these organizations
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote