View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 08:45 PM   #3
cwalls
cwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage 3G + WiFi (Europe)
I uesd the "K5 KindleBreak JailBreak (5.10.3 - 5.13.3)" from the snapshot thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030).

It was the newest I could find ("2021-Nov-15"), however i did use the files from "kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip", not the Update*.bin files.

----

Something I noticed is that /etc/profile does not seem to get sourced, so e.g. DISPLAY is unset. I don't know if that changed in 5.12, but I think some years ago DISPLAY got set.

--

Btw, I think the kindle resetted my settings (or maybe "just" appreg.db), so kual failed to start ("Application Error, The selected application could not be started").

I tried to reinstall the kual-hotfix-update, but UYK stayed gray this time. Is it because its versioned and it knows it already installed this update?

I also wonder if there is a (quick) way to manually (from serial/ssh) install Update*.bin files?
One way I found is to extract the .bin file, and run the install.sh file.
I guess OTA packages always have such an install.sh script, right?
cwalls is offline   Reply With Quote