View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 10:12 PM   #1
cwalls
cwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheesecwalls can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage 3G + WiFi (Europe)
Jailbreak not installing dispatch.sh

Hello,

I noticed that jb.sh neither installs "${ROOT}/usr/bin/logThis.sh" nor "${MKK_PERSISTENT_STORAGE}/dispatch.sh". (However the bridge still executes 'install_log')

I guess that there is a good reason for this, but I can't find it on the forums.. :/
The closest I found was in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320564 :

Quote:
If [..] you're currently running FW >= 5.12.2, things get a little dicey: ;log may be gone.
But why?

Also I wonder what a 'OTA package' is, and how it is different to the normal update_*.bin files.

And what is the technical difference between 'Update_KUALBooklet_44a61b6_install.bin' and 'Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_44a61b6_install.bin'?
I realize that 'hotfix' variant was made to be used as UYK (Update Your Kindle), but what allows this?

Thank you
cwalls is offline   Reply With Quote