View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Making the Move: First Attempt at Fiction

I'm old-fashioned enough to think in terms of New Year's resolutions, and I've been mulling over what I want to do in 2015.

I have written seven full-length non-fiction works, and - curiously - three of these featured short fictional interludes.

I think I want to try writing some fiction in 2015. I have an idea for a type of crime story (with a twist), and I'd also like to try converting a historical experience I've researched (from 1945) into a story.

Any advice for a not-exactly first time writer?

I am reading Ursula Le Guin's 'Steering the Craft' as a pointer. I have no intention at all of attending any creative writing workshops as I'm pretty sure that these are 95% cynical rip-offs.

I'm also fairly relaxed in my approach. I will try approaching an agent or two, but if this doesn't work I'll just squirt anything I write onto Smashwords.
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote