View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #5404
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Neither seems real to me. At the first roar of the engines in airless space or the first thundering blast of phaser cannons in the vacuum that surrounds the ship, they've lost me. Give me 2001 every time. The only sounds heard outside the walls of a spacecraft should be the Blue Danube Waltz of Johann Strauss; just like in real life.
Gene Rodenberry had intended to make all the space scenes noiseless, but the network overruled him. Arguing that they would "look fake" without them . Still, he did manage to take them out after the first season, and for the most part kept them out until the third Star Trek movie. (IIRC the only time you hear noises outside the ship in Wrath of Kahn is during the nebula scene)

Last edited by Dylrob; 11-23-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote