View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #15184
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: Man-Kzin Wars XIII created by Larry Niven.
This was OK. The stories should have been interesting - perhaps I'm tired - but I didn't find it compelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
And I'll jump into a new fantasy series/book now. Any recommendation? It's been a while since... oh I forgot the last time I read good fantasy
Magician by Raymond E. Feist is good, as a classic coming-of-age epic fantasy in a fantasy world. The start of a series of series.

The Spirit Ring by Lois McMaster Bujold is excellent if you'd rather have a stand-alone rather than the start of a series, and is a historical magical fantasy.

Enchantment by Orson Scott Card is good for a more present-day, real-world fantasy and is also a stand-alone.

So You Want To Be A Wizard by Diane Duane is the first of a great series of Young Adult fantasy novels, also set in the present-day, real-world.

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-13-2013 at 06:38 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote