View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #5
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
Thank you all for your responses.

Dwanthny,
I did read the new features, but not careful enough. Indeed, my mistake.
So I knew there would be a backup file, but I did not realize the backup would always automatically be used as a source for a conversion.

Well, I sure learned the hard way.
I'm, still recovering from the shock of loosing many days of hard work.

I like the backup feature, but perhaps it would be nice if calibre asked what file to use for a new conversion in case there are multiple files of the same book in the library.

That would be best of both worlds I think, because that way you can add to previous changes, or you can make a completely new conversion from the start.

For now, I have disabled the backup feature.
I already keep multiple backups of my libraries.
So I do not need the feature.
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote