Thread: Touch Case for Touch?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Being down under without the touch on sale here I figured it would be nigh on impossible to find a good case for the touch here. I really wanted to see any possible cases before buying them so buying online wasn't really an option.

In the end I decided to make my own cover, hollow book style.

Sorry for not documenting the build process with photos, but I've attached a few of the finished product.

I followed (in part) this guide, with a few modifications. Found a nice notebook that had been sitting on my shelf for 20+ years (!) that had the right size.

Added a little string to help lift the kobo out.

Also added a moleskine type rubber band to keep the case closed. Once that was all done I decided that some fabric lining would be nice. I knew the glue would somewhat mess the fabric up but that doesn't bother me.

I padded the lining of the case "lid" with a bit of tissue for extra screen protection.

Pretty happy with the end result, could have been a bit more careful with the glue. Maybe next time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000097.JPG
Views:	876
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	74149   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000098.JPG
Views:	1129
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	74150   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000100.JPG
Views:	985