Thread: MobileRead 2015 Categories Discussion
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #23
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I haven't been involved much in the clubs this year, but I will be again after I finish my way-too-long challenge for this year. I do care about the club, but since I wasn't giving myself much time to read anything else this year I didn't want to nominate or vote when I wasn't going to read.

Following in the concept of the least popular categories Since we did the same categories in 2013 and 2014, we could take the bottom six vote participation categories from 2013 and do a vote for which ones should stay and the bottom three get relegated. Then take nominations for new categories that don't already exist (no duplicates) and vote in three new ones for next year. It would mean we'd get a fresh category about every four months and it would make the discussion of what categories relatively simple for upcoming years. Check voting results, vote for those to stay, gather new potentials, vote for new ones to add. The whole process could take less than a month with a week for each part.

All hail Dazrin, bringer of great ideas!

In 2013 it looks like number 6 and 7 least popular were a tie so have a 7 option vote in to keep four categories and the rest can get voted back in, unless we stipulate that once voted out a category is out for a year.

The potential relegation categories would be:
Patricia Clark Memorial Library (I do like this one in concept)
Mystery / Thriller
Short Stories (I liked this one too)
Adventure / Travel (not surprising based on the discussion)
Foreign (every category could be Foreign)
Classics (this surprised me since it's the one no one seems to want to get rid of)
Non-Fiction (surprised here, but nominations don't always lead to voting)
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote