View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 01:50 AM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
That's it: "Document contains a resource which is too long."

What's my workaround, until (and if) Feedbooks does a workaround?
Calibre can optionally split long chapters for you when building an ePub. However, it's any2epub does not allow epub input (i.e. it isn't an epub2epub). If you rename file.epub to file.zip any2epub can import it and produce a new epub that should work on the Sony, although it does make some other changes to the layout. The command is:
Code:
any2epub -o file_sony.epub file.zip
I enclose screenshots of Adobe Digital Editions for the original FeedBooks version and the split any2epub version. Note the awkward forced page break - fortunately only three of these are needed for the entire ebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE_Proust.gif
Views:	558
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	16576   Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE_Proust_Sony1.gif
Views:	533
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	16577   Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE_Proust_Sony2.gif
Views:	528