Thread: Silliness Retirement?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #42
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Interesting questions.

I've been a stay-at-home Dad for a little more than 20 years. In a few weeks my youngest will be going off to college and I will be making the transition from "stay-at-home Dad" to merely unemployed.

And a couple weeks after that I will turn 60.

I would love to go back to work -- and with 2 kids in college I have plenty of incentive -- but given my age, interrupted work history and the current state of the economy ... finding a job's going to be a challenge.

In the meantime, as homework and after school driving demands have lessened, I've had a little more time to read! I also do some volunteer work at a local hippotherapy center.

Also, I had some short stories published back in the 70s. I'm getting them up on the web as ebooks ... and I've started writing some new ones.

Maybe, if I can get a job, I'll be able to contemplate retirement at 85.

Last edited by cromag; 07-15-2012 at 03:33 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote