View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #66
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Do you remember which version? Can you reproduce the bug? Well, I do not know where kindle puts the crash log :-(
it could be 015c27d but I'm not 100% sure.
I was just moving "the cursor" around in the mupdf's file manager and then all of a sudden the Kindle restarted itself.
Interestingly, nothing happened to the mupdf.
I have not been able to reproduce the bug with the latest version ('83fa148').

Quote:
1) um... What do you mean by complete name? Currently it shows the complete file name. But there is no code to handle long names, so long names are simply displayed out of the display. Do you mean truncate long file names and append with dots?
I have many articles/papers in pdf format, so they all have pretty long names (Author_CompleteNameOfTheArticle(JournalAbbreviati on)_year.
In the mupdf, the long names are cut off.
So are they in the kindle bookshelf. But if you move the cursor to the article, the file's name is shown on two lines. If the name is still too long to fit on two lines, then some part of the file name is replaced by dots, but the last 8 characters are still shown, which I consider to be very important.
Because sometimes the name is the same but the year could be different (as papers may have several revisions)

Quote:
2) That's a good suggestion! The kindlepdfviewer can then support all the
formats the native system supports. But two problems must be solved before
implement this feature:

1. When kindlepdfviewer runs, it take full control of the device, i.e. the eink display and key press events. So if we want to use the native viewer, we have to exit kindlepdfviewer first to release the control.

2. I know little about the native system as well as JAVA, thus I have no idea of how to call the native viewer.

3) This can be done, but I need to get familiar with mupdf's API first. I just started reading their source code yesterday. ;-P
It should not necessarily be you.
I just made some suggestions, how a work flow could be improved.

Thanks for the new version
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote