View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I'm wondering if there is a tool, available on Mac, that simply opens an epub file and converts it to mobi with minimum fuss, and will let me put the files wherever I want them? Of course, free, or cheap would be best
You want KindleGen and my KindleGen AppleScript wrapper.

1. Remove DRM and unzip epub to a folder.
2. Drag&drop folder onto AppleScript.

For best results you'd want to edit the .opf file in the ePub a little, but it should work reasonably well on most ePubs.

It probably won't be as good a conversion in some ways as Calibre, as some CSS text decorations (e.g. smallcaps) won't get converted properly by KindleGen.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote