View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Results for document 3

And on to document 3.

Document 3 is readable just if loaded onto the device and put in landscape mode, but it is not ideal.

Reflow works OK for the text part of it -- and indeed, it gets very readable -- but the formatting of the numbered displays gets changed, and it isn't always as clear as it should be.

As I predicted, sopdf was thrown off in its ability to remove margins by the boxes in the corners. The odd thing, however, is that this was a problem only on the lower half of the page. The upper half of the page looks great.

Finally, I did a manual crop of the margins myself and then sopdfed and the result was very attractice and easy to read. A manual crop like this could be time-consuming however. It would be worth it if you were going to read an entire book, but for a short journal article, it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

(P.S. as a logic teacher, some of these were fun to look at for me too...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	doc3page1-unmodified-portrait.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	749.7 KB
ID:	42643   Click image for larger version

Name:	doc3page1-unmodified-landscape.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	752.9 KB
ID:	42644   Click image for larger version

Name:	doc3page2-reflow.jpg
Views:	395