View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I don't live in the US so from an online perspective both the Kindle and the Sony are useless to me by default (this might change in the future). Secondly, I don't want or need wireless on my book reader - I want a reader that I can load a couple of hundred titles on (preferably my entire library), after that updates to my library will be incidental and always in bulk. Thirdly, the Kindle is one fugly mother (although this will hopefully change in 2.0). Finally, Amazon and Sony store are not the only places to get your books from - the Gutenberg, bookfeeds and other places can keep you reading until the sun goes out.

Now if the good folks at Iliad would just drop their price a tad, I might buy that one instead. I'm not a loyal customer by any means. But all in all I think there is a market for more than one device, just as besides the ipod there are still plenty of people making a buck on the mp3 player market.

I don't get the ipod/walkman comparison - the original walkman is from '79 and the first ipod was made in 2001. That's like saying Ford won because cars replaced horse buggies.

Last edited by acidzebra; 08-11-2008 at 08:23 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote