Thread: Touch Why I Gave Up On 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The cached images take up space.

I was going to say: And, I have five kepubs, but there should be none.

But, one of them is probably legitimate. The other 4 are Project Gutenburg bokks in a variety of languages that are not in any of the lists on the devices. They are probably the free books that they give you. Changing the language of the device doesn't make them visible.

Is this a bug or a feature?
It sounds like a bug and something hasn't been cleaned up. It would be interesting to see if the books are in the database.

I haven't checked if there are any extra sitting in the kepubs directory on mine. Hopefully not as both have been reset recently. I have also bought a few books recently, so there are a few kepubs

I'll grant the cover images for the recommendations take space. I can't say it bothers me much. I actually did buy something that was recommendation recently.
Quote:
I've been formatting an ebook (which involved multiple loads, look, delete cycles) and noticed, in the library, that the book I was currently reading was marked as unread.

In fact, the book I'm currently reading, having gone from Chapter 6, page 52 to Home to Library, shows the book as 'unread'.
When you opened it again, does it go the the right place (or approximately so with the current firmware). I have seen this, but only when I have been fiddling with the database. And there was a bug in the calibre driver that did it.
Quote:

Also, the wrong book cover is displayed.

And, another bug, it usually takes the Kobo a while (about halfway into the book) before it shows a book cover at all, rather than the graphic Kobo face.
Weird. Covers are working perfectly here.
Quote:
Then maybe a simple: the dictionaries will be loaded when you next connect to the internet prompt would be clearer. As it is, it asks for WiFi, and when you cancel it, that's it. (this is from memory and may have changed. At least they got rid of the 'network error' dialog when you canceled the WiFi dialog).
It asked me to connect with two options "Cancel" and "Connect". It would make sense to change the "Cancel" to "Skip" or "Not now" or something like that.
[QUOTE]
Isn't there some problem with multiple shelves being created?
[QUOTE]
That was a problem on the server and seems to have been fixed. But it shouldn't have happened.
Quote:
Yeah. And probably one of the simplest to fix. I mean, how difficult can using 'ORDER BY' be?
It isn't quite that simple because the position in the book isn't a simple number. But, the ORDER BY would at least give a consistent order.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote