View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #50
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Yes, the firmware update makes no difference in the colorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Yep. No difference. It works on the font but not the screen overall.

I am now returning the newest replacement KPW with the mostly bluish green screen. It just felt muddy when reading because the color blocked to much of the light.

At this time Amazon does not want to send me another replacement "because you've had so many". I asked if someone could inspect a replacement ahead of time and stated that I wouldn't mind if they opened the box. Dylan said he would pass the suggestion along and would contact me if there was some change in the future.

Amazon CS has been great but I'm not a happy camper.
Sorry Daffy. I'm ok with mine, but it's certainly not perfect and it bothers me that I see the discolorations even if they are faint they can by annoying. Rather than return it yet again I had a chat last night with Andrew and he says he will continue to call me every couple weeks to keep me up to date until they have found a solution. It's the best they can do at this point, I think. It's probably pointless though as I personally doubt the color hue problem will be solved in this version of the PW.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote