View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not sure why that should be. Perhaps it depends how good your 3G connection is? I can generally get a 3G connection of about 3MB/sec or so, and that gives excellent performance on all the devices I've used it with.
You are entirely correct about the quality of the 3G signal. On the Droid Bionic (Verizon), the 3G/4G connection indicator on the notification bar is either in a blue color or white. White means that there is some limited connectivity and you probably can't get an operating system update, although texting and phone operations are just fine (this is independent of how many bars, i.e. signal strength, you have). I work in a typical industry building where it varies what type of signal I have depending where I'm at inside. One of those YMMV.

Hugs,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote