View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #9
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
"I'd heard Holtzbrink changed it's mind on DRM, but I don't know the current status of the Baen/Tor deal."

The last I've heard is that it's back with the lawyers and we should hear the results in Q2.
That will be good.

Quote:
As to Tom Doherty's personal beliefs on DRM and free e-books it should be remembered that he owns 1/3 of Baen so if he had a real problem with that he likely would have pulled his money out.
Tom wouldn't. He may just be the savviest guy in publishing, and I think it's likely Jim Baen talked to Tom before committing to the Free Library.

Quote:
I do agree that the real benefit of free e-books comes from what it does to publicize authors.
Baen has proved it does.

Jim stated in email a while back that the goal of the Free Library was to promote their pbooks, and he didn't see pure epublishing as a source of profit at the time.

That's changed, and I think he'd be delighted to see the Webscriptions program doing as well as it has been.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote