Thread: What Do I Want?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Hi and welcome,

You don't need color for pure text books of novels so if you are interested on reading classics or just novels, any eink device should be fine.

Now, there are a plethora of options out there but most popular are Kindle, Sony and Nook 1st generation.

My suggestion is, check about 5 titles that you already have and like in Amazon and B&N. Do the same again with 5 titles you would like to get. Compare prices and availability, that will help you to decide between Nook 1st gen or Kindle. You can also compare or check Sony's bookstore.

I personally prefer the Kindle. It's on-line bookstore is the biggest in USA and probably the world, so chances are that the books you read and like will be there anyway.

DRM is a protection that big companies like Amazon or B&N put on the ebooks so you cannot read those in a different eink device or e-reader. If you are planning to keep your device for long time, I would not be worried about it. You can also read your Kindle books on your PC, iMac, iPad or any other device downloading their corresponding computer app. Same for B&N and Sony.

Last edited by jocampo; 02-20-2011 at 05:12 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote