View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #26
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
It was free if you had purchased your iLiad before a certain date, basically when they were still advertising the original battery specs.
It was only free if you registered for the upgrade until a specific deadline.

The upgrade program was just announced in their forum in some thread.

They said invitations went out by email but i am pretty sure its a lie. I don't know if it was a money orientated lie or just their crappy organisation.

There were not much people who bought their iLead before the day who were alightable for the program but although i knew 3 in person and read about several other on the forum who never became an invitation by email. In fact i know 4 people owning an iLead in person (myself included) and not one of them or myself got an email about the program, so maybe you got the idea?

After the deadline passed people showed up getting known about the program asking if they could upgrade cause the program has not started yet, guess what? It was declined.

I am pretty sure they asked for at least the delivery costs and a small fee even for the "early adaptors" cause i was one of them, i read the thread on the forum in time but doesn't took the advantage here. If i remember correct it was cause of the fee. Don't get me wrong. It was my decision but other people never had the decision ...

So Shaggy, i haven't visited the forum for a while but from 10 threads or so i read already these days i came very often when it was related to iRex to "Shaggy the iLead Communication Manager" doing its best to argue on iRex side. Are you related to them?

The exchange program mess is just one example, maybe you can also bring some sunshine on this fact?

No personal offense but you really sound a little bit to "engadget" here in my eyes. But hey maybe you have facts to reconsider my opinion i got from iRex but just talking other people down left and right isn't really one.

I am just seeing the facts and for me they are speaking one language, small company, bad attitude without manpower to keep up with 3-4 reader models at the same like amazon but bringing up new "cash cows" every few month without finishing the old ones. Sorry if thats my impression but its not so far far aways from something you could get.
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote