View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 04:05 AM   #1
MichaelStgt
MichaelStgt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Is a "Calibre Companian App" for Windows 10 Phones a good idea?

Hy forum users,

I am a long time user of Calibre maintaining my book collection and the books to store on my reading devices.

I'm developing apps for the Windows UWP Platform and now have some apps IŽll post in the store. One of the app is a eBook Reader depending on the WebView Component which is a webbrowser component. I added some javascript functions to move through the pages, that can change the fontsize and switch from day to night view. It includes a TOC Menu to.

The app itself does not not need to unzip the ebook, you can just simply open any ebook file and it will open the contents of the ebook on the fly.

What would you think about if i add a small app, that can read out the metadata files on Windows Mobile Devices do display all eBooks, calibre has saved on the device? You may search within the app, and once you find the book you want to read, you can just simply open it.

Most of the apps i could find on the Store own its own bookshelf and need to scan through the device and the sd card. Or you need to add your books manually one by one, which would be a pain as i have stored about 4000 books on my mobile device.

What would you think about this idea? Would you like to contribute? Any suggestions? You have a better idea?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Michael
MichaelStgt is offline   Reply With Quote