View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #26
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I've been wanting to read a Book Club selection for some time, and finally jumped on the bandwagon with this one. I wanted to practice summarizing my opinion of a book beyond a star rating. I don't think this was the book to practice on. Like others have said, the abrupt story jump had me thinking the book was improperly formatted and someone had pasted an excerpt of an entirely different story. It was my first Sherlock Holmes book by Doyle. I enjoyed the introduction of Holmes and Watson because I have read a few of Laurie King's Mary Russell series, but beyond that, I found the plot too choppy to develop any suspense.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote