View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I thought B&N used ADE for it's DRM now, and that the T1 supported ADE. What prevents it from working?
B&N allows Nooks to work with both flavors of Adobe DRM to build upon jswolf's post. You can authorize a Nook in ADE to the same account as your Sony. Then books that you purchased from Sony, Kobo or elsewhere work on your Nook. What B&N has done is limit the amount of main memory where you can store these non-B&N purchases. You have you buy an SD card if you want to sideload a large quantity of books. I'm sure the point is to make it a minor inconvenience to motivate you to purchase from their store.

I have Nook ereaders but rarely buy from B&N since their bookstore DRM won't work on my Sony ereaders. Instead I buy most books from Sony since they work on both brands. I refuse to buy anything from the Apple iBooks store even though I have an iPhone and iPad. I would rather use the Sony, Kobo or Kindle apps.

It is easy to see why consumers get so confused by the different standards of DRM and why many probably don't even recognize these nuances.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote