View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
MrB
Very Slow Learner
MrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
The Bumper Book of Climbing Fun

Someone on a previous thread asked me to post up a link when I'd finished preparing our book for publication and I am pleased & proud & relieved & very, very grateful to those of you - particularly posters in the Sigil and Mobi forums - who were kind enough to take the time to offer advice, support and encouragement to a virgin e-booker. I'm a pretty persevering type but I am convinced that without your help this book may never have been published in this format and if it did it would not have looked anywhere near as good as it looks now.

We have described the book as 'a collection of hilarious stories, funny verse and amusing nonsense which enthusiasts of rock-climbing and mountains will love' (I'll not bore you with the whole blurb!). It's currently on sale in the kindle format at Amazon in the U.S. and at European Amazon stores including the UK one.

I do appreciate that climbing humour isn't exactly mainstream and we don't expect to be appearing in best-sellers lists of any sort, ever, but if you have a friend or loved-one who is or has been a climber or mountaineer at any level (perhaps not at sea-level ) this would make a nice gift for them. You'll be able to see a preview of the book with those links, as will any of the past masters who want to see what their slow-learning pupil produced in the end (you do appear on the Acknowledgements page but that's at the end of the book ).

Again, many thanks to you all.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote