View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
A short story with 1 or 2 pieces of artwork is still just illustrated fiction. You may be thinking of cartoons or manga but an illustrated story doesn't require artwork on every other page. It just isn't new and I sort of resent the hype GCP is putting into this.
I think this is a simplistic view of the world. Yes, it may be that GCP will end up with "just illustrated fiction", but possibilities exist for something that is (at least) subtly different, and such differences can be important in both marketing and user reception. That's one of the reasons I gave the example above, it shows that mixing graphic-art and text does not always fall neatly into one particular existing category and sometimes the results can be surprising.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote