View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuongpham View Post
Oh well.. so much for Brick and Mortar stores.. read the e-ink writing on the wall.. I ordered my prs350 cover online via ebay. no tax no shipping.. and paypal /ebay coupons.. $6.77 verus 34.99 plus tax..
It doesn't HAVE to be this way!!!

If stores would get their heads out of the sand, and insist on training their employees.......they could sell anything!

Does anyone else here remember when you were actually trained to work in retail? I started retail sales in the 60's.......yes I know, before many of the members here parents were born!

I remember going to classes teaching how to make change, for crying out loud. You counted the change back to the customer........You were trained in whichever department you worked in, by an older employee, and you learned about the contents.

If you didn't know the answer to something a customer asked, you found someone who did.

Retail today cares nothing about its customer base.....just getting those dollars in the register, which is why the brick and mortar stores are in trouble.

Best Buy is a great example. So is my local Ace hardware, which advertises itself as "your hometown hardware store" but hires friends and relatives (old) ((older than ME!)) who group in a huddle, talk, ignore customers and know nothing about anything asked.

Oops. Better move this to the rant thread.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote