View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 05:38 AM   #13
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How far in are you? The problem isn't that this book is lousy or not. The problem is that it's not funny when it was nominated for the category of humor. I'm like 1/3rd into it and I've not laughed or even cracked a smile once. So when does this become funny?

Can anyone tell me when it becomes funny or if it never becomes funny?
It's not slapstick laugh out loud funny like Scalzi's 'Old Man's War, 'Hal Spacejock, or say a Stephanie Plum Book, but it's very humorous with a poignant story to boot. I don't know your age, but it probably helps to have lived through that time.

OTOH, I just finished Gentleman in Moscow, and will be doing my reread now of Bucky... BTW, Gentleman in Moscow was one of the best books I've read in a long, long time; it also has its humorous qualities.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote