View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #51
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
What is the battery time for the Bebook if it is turned on but not used? For the Cybook it is irritatingly short (3-4 days). I have read claims that it should be weeks for the Bebook but I might have misunderstood that.
I read it every day for approx 3-4 hours. In between reading I lock the buttons (i.e. leave it on but push the power button to lock the keypad and avoide accidental page turns, etc.) - I usually get to 5-7 days before I go from 4 bars (full) to 3 bars. Then usually another 3-4 days to go to 2 bars. I think about charging at this time, so usually by the time I get around to pluggin it in (can be 1-3 days later) it's on 2 or 1 bars when I charge it (~8-11 days minimum).

Truth is the bar display is kind of flaky - after some days it reads 3 then jumps back to 4 for a while, then 3 again - I guess it can't decide. Eventually it stays at 3 then does the same for the transition from 3 to 2. At least it has never suddenly gone from 3 to 1 or anything like that!

I'm going to leave mine unplugged now and see how long it takes to go down with normal reading, etc. then update this post.

Last edited by orwell2k; 11-05-2008 at 10:46 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote