View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:15 AM   #397
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Over the holidays, I have listened to Tim Curry reading A Christmas Carol, to The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle by Arthur Conan Doyle and to a BBC dramatization of Hercule Poirot's Christmas. All of them were pretty good, the Tim Curry one being awesome.

I have now gone back to more "normal" stuff. Yesterday I finished Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds. I am still not sure if I liked it or not. It was interesting, but I sometimes found it hard to follow the plot. John Lee isn't my favorite narrator, either, though I got used to his voice and look forward to listening to House of Suns next year.

I have now started Storm Front by Jim Butcher, the first book in the Harry Dresden series, which I have read years ago but don't remember a lot of. I have picked this up during the holiday sale at Audible. The reader is very good, though sometimes a bit fast for my taste (English isn't my first language).

I also started Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, which I got when I signed up at Downpour. This is an old favorite, but I have never listened to the unabridged version narrated by Davina Porter before. I like it a lot so far.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote