View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool PDF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanZa View Post
I have been using Calibre on my Ubuntu laptop for some time and done conversion of pdf documents to MOBI format (Kindle).

My problem is that the conversion goes wrong with words with double l. see examples below:

carefully careful y
wall wal
tall tal
really real y etc etc

It is a funny but irritation error but I havn't been able to find a solution to the problem.
I have just joined the Forum hoping to get a solution.

I havn't found any other errors in the conversion.
To fix this I print the original pdf using Pdf Creator (it acts as a printer driver) to create a new pdf. Then convert the newly created file. In all cases when I've done this it eliminates the above mentioned problem.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote