View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMack View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has published an eBook on Amazon and had create success with selling it there?

If, so any tips or advice.

If not, why do you think that is?
Hi again, Julie:

Well, I didn't create my ebook on Amazon. I created it in Smashwords and they sent it to Amazon. I did, however, produce the paperback in Amazon's CreateSpace, and that was easy.

Success with selling it? Well, I can't claim that - yet. Hope someone who can will come in with their secrets. My lack of success could be any one or more of the following:

1. It's a crappy book that no-one wants to read
2. It's a good book that no-one wants to read
3. It got lost in the 200000+ new books published every year in the US alone
4. It's too early to tell
5. It didn't have the PR power of a big publishing house behind it
6. I didn't know how to tag it well to get it on everybody's search list
7. The cynics and vultures who circle around in MR will come up with a bunch of other excuses that I've forgotten or suppressed.

I think 3 is very important, probably followed by 5 and 6.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote