Thread: New Leaf Still Life by Louise Penny
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 09:58 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I did think of St. Mary Mead, but I had to look up the other two. I saw the first season of Father Brown and liked it very much indeed, but didn’t remember the name of the village. I must say that this tv iteration of Father Brown has nothing in common with the Chesterton original. Even on looking up Saint-Marie, I’ve never heard of the show, but I think the New Englandy aspect of Stars Hollow and Cabot Cove are probably closer to the feel of Three Pines than the Caribbean, even if the body count is similar.
Lake Eden is yet another small place where too many murders take place. The problem is that you have to take each book on its own or they become rather unbelievable that so many murders take place in small towns.

One more small town is Lochdubh.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote