View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #61
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post
I'm a slow reader and I have a short attention span so my goal is to read 52 books in 2012.

I'm fickle when it comes to what holds my attention and can start a book, but if it doesn't 'hook' me in the first few chapters I tend to abandon it and start another.

I think I abandoned more books than I actually finished this past year.

Still one book a week would be pretty good for me so that's my goal .. should be fun.

Have fun reading everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn View Post
I signed up for the 100 books in 2011 challenge and didn't even get halfway there! I've read 35 books so far this year. So next year, I'm going to challenge myself to read 50 books. And also, I want to clear out the 10 or 11 unread dead tree books that I have laying around (I'm not sure if I'm going to read them all though-there are a few I don't think I'm interested in that I might just take to the used bookstore.)
Mike & Jessica, Glad to hear you'll be joining us for 2012! I hope you both grab spots over on The 2012 Annual Reading Challenge – List Thread! , and share your reading lists with us.

I can't wait to get started. I have my first 4 books (and a few bonus stories) all lined up rearing to go. I'm just waiting for the outcome of the Book Club vote.

Continued Happy Holidays & Happy Reading.

~Nyssa
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote