View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 AM   #8
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Why would I want to pay for something like that when I could just turn on a lamp like I would with a paper book?
Why get an ereader when you could just read a paper book?

The answer is the same. Because it would be better and require fewer extra items to accomplish the same task.

You could take 10 books with you on a 2-week trip to Europe, or you could take one ereader with 100 books on it, get another 100 on your trip, and still have just the ereader.

Similarly, you could have to rely on having a lamp within the proper range, or the right kind of case light, which requires you to either drag around an extra item or keep yourself close to a power outlet... or you could have the option to light the screen from within the device when it's dark.

The latter is better. That's why.

I'd love to see this materialize. We'll see.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote