Thread: Thank You JK!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
(Spoiler Free: the sadness I refer to is simply that it is over, not that any characters did or did not die)

I finished it last night, and i have to say, as a testament to JK, I've never felt this ... need to grieve... due to a book before. I know that i have read more skillfully written books. I know that I have invested more time into other series (Wheel of Time, Song of Fire and Ice, to a lesser extent, Sword of Truth) but I have realized that I have never wanted a story to go on as much as I wanted this one too.

I think a lot of it has to do with the growth of the characters. We joined them when they were 11, and followed them until their 17th years, most books I've read have either started the protagonists at a later time, glossed over the development and aging, or simply not stuck with the characters for nearly as long a time.

I don't think I've ever felt as invested in a world before this, and i'm very sad that the stories are over. I hope very strongly that JK decides to write more in that universe. It would be great if she visited, directly or indirectly, some of the characters from the series, but what i really want is more tales of Muggles and Wizards.

I know that this got a little long winded, but I've felt the need to write this out since I finished it.
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote