Thread: Newcomer
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
SciFiFan
Connoisseur
SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PocketBook 360° (silbrig-weiss)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
I am curious about the possible use of the SDK to port applications like CoolReader3, but I haven't even looked into it as the development forums are almost entirely Russian. Does anyone else here have experience with development (or the possibilities provided by the SDK).
Yes, I have successfully compiled some programs from the SDK, compiled the fbreader emulator, modified fbreader to my needs (mainly small bugfixes) and also written some test apps. Just place them in the "games" folder and they will show up under the programs icon on the device. You can also put fbreader.app in directory system\bin to replace the built-in reader. So if you port CoolReader3, just name it fbreader.app and place it there to replace fbreader. Currently I don't have any intention to port CoolReader3 because I'm very satisfied with fbreader.

Btw, you can read the Russian forums via Google translate (http://translate.google.com/ ), I did this to get some initial information about the SDK.

What you need to develop is the SDK listed above, and then you can normally compile either for the emulator or the device. There are usually two batch files, one for each, makeemu.bat and makearm.bat. There is a sample program in the "sources" subdir which shows a bit how to use the inkview library to draw on the screen. The functions are in inkview.h. Essentially you draw in some kind of background buffer, then call FullUpdate or PartialUpdate to put the changes on the screen with or without inverting.

Just ask if you have any additional questions.
SciFiFan is offline   Reply With Quote