View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #79
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
I find myself addicted to seeing a new device just released and I have a irresistible urge to go and buy it.. which I frequently do.. I feel what I currently have is old and out of date..
I don't think it's an issue really. You are an innovator - that's the group that goes after what is new. I used to do that, but my budget doesn't allow it. Don't beat yourself up unless you are buying when you should be using your money for other stuff (kids, clothing, gas, etc.). You can certainly justify it if you are able to sell or give away your old technology instead of putting it into a drawer until it's only good for the trashpile.

I have 3 ereaders and I actually use them all, but my 6 inch kindle gets loaned out to family members now and then. Most of them prefer pbooks, so it's not really worth it for them to shell out $70 for a 6 inch kindle for themselves. I don't mind sharing. I keep getting new Ipods for the same reason. Latest and greatest always has a feature that I want or because I can get it on a deal (for instance $100 off the Nano 7th gen). I have zero guilt.

Last edited by Tarana; 02-05-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote